7041 – CarMax Shockoe – 140 Virginia Street, Richmond, Virginia, 23219
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Your expertise shapes our digital business
At CarMax, we want to disrupt our industry by empowering customers to buy a car on their own terms – allowing them to transact with us anytime, anywhere. As a Senior developer, you’ll be at the forefront of driving technical innovation alongside several product teams who are creating a seamless online transaction experience for our customers and associates.
You are: Able to balance customer needs with business goals and know how to deliver technical solutions that enhance business value. Creative, curious and highly analytical, you never stop learning and thrive on constant change in the digital marketplace. From inception to completion, you will develop tools and technology, learning quickly from our spirit of experimentation. Overall, you will have a direct impact on improving the performance of our business and ensuring customers can buy the vehicles they want in a way that’s right for them.
We are: A team of experts (such as a Product Manager, Lead Developer, Delivery Manager, Analyst/Data Scientist, and other Software Developers), working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and customer-focused environment to bring a seamless online shopping experience to life.
Together we’ll be: A passionate technology team, developing ground-breaking products. Working collaboratively and creatively as part of a close-knit product team, you will be part of the development process from end to end: consulting users, carrying out experiments, tackling complex business problems and implementing new products.
What you will do – Essential responsibilities
- Hands-on development to create and support new products and services that provide teams the ability to progress a customer through an online transaction
- As the online marketplace becomes the new dealership this position will be responsible for helping design new ways of collecting or creating media content
- Developing new solutions that include Integrating new hardware and software developed and designed by you
- Help design products that drive automation and business operations
- Collaborate with colleagues in product design, product management and systems architecture to develop experimental solutions and bring great ideas to life
- Market your new ideas internally and evolve them according to feedback and critique within an agile environment
- Stay on top of industry trends and best practice to continuously improve what we do and ensure our customer experience is the best it can be
What technologies you’ll be working with
Qualifications and requirements
- At least eight years of application development experience
- Hands-on expertise with Microsoft.NET (#C) and .NET Core (or relevant experience)
- Hands-on expertise with Python, JS, & Akamai configuration
- Hands-on experience with DevOps capabilities such as automated testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Deep understanding of full-stack application design, including APIs, microservices, and front-end development (such as React, Angular, HTML/CSS, and other web design components)
- Proven experience working with technology teams to create and execute on an application architecture
- Knowledge of and experience with cloud computing platforms such as Azure or AWS highly preferred
- Exceptional communication skills, with experience presenting comfortably to and influencing technical teams, business users, and leadership
- Proven ability to mentor and develop others, as well as an ability to research and implement new technologies
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent experience
Upon an applicant’s request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.