Were looking for a scrappy, creative and self-driven Social Media Manager to join our Content Marketing team and take Huckberrys organic social presence to the next level. This role is the first line of interaction with our community, a key contributor to our content, and an integral part of bringing Huckberrys mission to life.
Youre a good fit for this role if youre quick on your feet, have a knack for storytelling, and are highly adaptive to the rapidly changing landscape of social media. You write killer copy, and youre an expert at finding and curating images. Youre up for the challenge of consistently bringing new ideas to the table, from behind-the-scenes takeovers, running a contest/giveaway for the worlds rarest bottle of bourbon, to firing off daily Twitter polls from the hip without hesitation.
Qualified candidates must have a proven track record in community management and growing social followings. The role will report directly to the Head of Content Marketing.
* Grow and engage Huckberry’s audience and brand across all relevant social networks – including existing channels, as well as proactively testing new ones
* Implement and develop Huckberrys social media strategy
* Schedule daily posts across social media platforms and manage the social media calendar
* Work with the product and marketing teams to coordinate and/or execute supporting social campaigns for key product/brand launches
* Work with our journal editors to execute specific content from our journal, adapted for social
* Pitch and execute social content series and programming
* Maintain always on work flexibility to handle communication needs outside of typical business hours
* Monitor conversations and trends across social media platforms to respond in a timely, on brand way
* Inform relevant internal teams of questions, product suggestions, content ideas, and trending topics
* Share weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance updates, including wins, learnings, and opportunities for improvement
* 3+ years of working experience in a social media and/or community management role for a consumer brand, publication, or agency
* Excellent writing and copy-editing skills, with a proven track record of creating engaging content
* Ability to curate a cadence of engaging and inspirational lifestyle images that never gets old
* Highly organized and proactive, always looking for ways to push Huckberry social forward while still keeping on top of the day-to-day
* Experience creating gameplans for cultural moments that our brand should be talking about on social media
* Experience with all major social media networks, in addition to analytics and scheduling tools such as Later, Buffer, Google Analytics, etc.
* Proficiency in Photoshop and Lightroom
* Basic photography skills; video production and editing experience a plus
* Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to take feedback constructively
* A love of mens apparel, gear, and adventure
Our mission of inspiring and equipping adventures is at the core of everything we do. That’s why in addition to competitive market salaries and benefits, we have a generous vacation policy, paid time off to volunteer, flexible work from home time, a sabbatical program (recent employee trips include a surf and yoga retreat in Morocco, dog sledding in Norway et al.), summer "See You Out There" Fridays, white water rafting trips, and, of course, loads of free gear.
Huckberry is an online shop and journal that inspires more active, adventurous, and stylish lives through exclusive sales, original story-telling, and unique experiences. We’re a team of 80+ individuals based in San Francisco, Austin, and Columbus, Ohio.
Want to get know us better? Check out our:
* Journal: [
* Facebook: [
* Instagram: [
* Twitter: [
Huckberry encourages candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are always eager to further diversify our company, and we are committed to providing an inclusive environment of mutual respect where all can flourish. All of our employment decisions are based solely on merit and business need.