As a Senior Systems Engineer you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects related to Air Data Computer & Flight Recorder technology. Working on all stages of the lifecycle you will be versatile to learn all areas and bring forward your prior experience to enhance your success in the role. This role will involve being challenged while working on new and existing projects, with a variety of technology as part of successful and established team.
* To ensure successful capture of customer requirements and correct implementation of development processes from initial concept through to completion.
* Provide system architecture definition based on required functionality
* Develop and maintain system requirement specifications and system interface design documents
* Develop system integration, verification and acceptance test procedures
* Participate in system and subsystem integration, verification and acceptance testing and generate appropriate test reports
* Support development for system, hardware and software requirements and design to assure system requirements are met
* Support qualification activities and develop qualification plans
* Provide technical support to subcontracted developments and determine acceptance of subcontracted deliverables
* Maintain current knowledge within their area of technical specialisation and ensure the benefit of this knowledge is realised within their design solutions
* Support continuous improvement of system engineering company processes
* Support certification activities for company products
* Ensure allocated tasks are completed in accordance with the applicable project plan
* To accept technical responsibility for allocated design tasks
* To attend and actively contribute to the effective operation of applicable design reviews
* Working with the chief engineer to co-ordinate the entry and exit criteria of design reviews
* Provide mentoring and help develop system engineers
* Provide definition of work packages to support project planning and bidding
* Proven experience working in the same or industry in a similar role
* Educated to Degree/HND level in an appropriate subject or suitable related experience
* Knowledge of ARP4754, DO-254, DO-178 and D-160
* Rigorous approach to requirements management and ability to ask challenging questions about the requirements at each level of the hierarchy
* Able to conduct impact analysis based on requirement trace parameters.
* Team Player with good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate confidently and persuasively with a wide variety of people.
* Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
* Flexible as some out of hours and weekend working may be required.
* Experience of requirements elicitation and knowledge of what makes a good requirement.
* Proven track record in systems engineering through the whole system development lifecycle.
* Proven ability to write formal project documentation.
* Knowledge of validation and verification methodologies.
* Experience with requirements management tools such as DOORS.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request