Leidos is seeking an Senior Systems Engineer, with FAA air traffic control background, who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s Advanced Technologies & Oceanic Procedures (ATOP) program, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System. ATOP is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management, Data Communications, and Automatic Dependent Surveillance- Broadcast. ATOP will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow over the ocean.
- Will be expected to write ATOP Functional Description Documents (FDNs), develop requirements for the system. Assist software development and test personnel with an understanding of the new requirements.
- Will also be called upon to help recreate site ATOP air traffic control issues. Helping to identify where the problem could exist and working with SW and test to ensure the issues are addressed.
- Requires Bachelors of Science degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Hands on ATOP air traffic control experience can be substituted in lieu of education/degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of Systems Engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience with similar programs that include development and sustainment, or agile development methodology (Scrum).
- S/W Language Experience -Desired: Java, Oracle, Linux (RHEL and/or CentOS); Desired: Apache Camel, JBoss, Tomcat, Spring, Puppet, Git, JMS, SOAP, REST
- Ability to maintain a public trust clearance.
- Knowledge of ATOP system
- Background supporting FAA Oceanic Air Traffic Control programs
- Knowledge of FAA Oceanic Air Traffic Control processes and procedures
External Referral Bonus: Ineligible
Potential for Telework: Yes
Clearance Level Required: Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Requisition Category: Professional
Job Family: Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.