Are you seeking a new and challenging leadership position supporting a complex, multi-task, mission-critical Program? Well, look no further! Leidos is currently looking to add a Software Engineer to a Cybersecurity Program near Ft. Meade, MD. The individual will primarily maintain and enhance complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Will work individually or as part of a team to review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. The Selectee resolves software problem reports, utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. He/She provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
The Software Engineer (SWE) shall possess the following capabilities:
– Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
– Provide recommendations for improving software documentation and software development process standards
– Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components and review code for ensure code compliant to requirements
– Write or review software and system documentation
– Knowledge of static analysis tools (Understand, Coverity, Fortify)
– Review existing software to identify errors, vulnerabilities, and requirements compliance.
– Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
The following are important and helpful skills to have, but not a part of a tasking:
– Serve as Team Lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
– Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
– Confer with System Engineers and Hardware Engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
– Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
– Fourteen (14) years experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required
– Competency with C/C++; cursory knowledge/experience with Java
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited College or University is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus: Eligible
Potential for Telework: No
Clearance Level Required: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Requisition Category: Professional
Job Family: Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.