AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at . on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Allergan Aesthetics is always striving to find top scientists to work at our Pleasanton site. Be Bold and grow your career with the pharmaceutical and medical device industry leader!
Senior Software Engineer – CoolSculpting – Pleasanton, CA
An “ideal” candidate for this role is someone with sound knowledge of software in a medical device manufacturing environment.”
Successful candidates will have the following types of experience:
Designing, implementing and testing Windows embedded systems software and embedded firmware for a medical device. Successful candidates will create software requirements, design documentation and implementation for current and next generation software and systems projects. The candidate works within cross-functional teams to develop, support, and extend our embedded device code. The candidate must have strong software debugging and analytic skills. The candidate must have strong technical skills complemented by great communications, teamwork qualities and able to wear multiple hats. Experience in a software development background in a structured environment such as medical device, semiconductor instruments or aerospace is preferred.
- Be a trusted and expert partner. Own a software sub system development from concept to deployment. Design and develop software on Windows 10 platform. Design, develop, and support embedded firmware
- Build bridges. Project planning and tracking activities, including effort estimation, scheduling, tracking, and priority-setting. Successfully collaborate with both software and hardware product teams.
- Develop and implement quality workflows. Investigate, prototype, and deliver new and innovative system solutions. Contribute to requirements definition at the functional level. Create software design documentation. Design and development of real-time embedded applications, using C, C# and .NET Framework.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or computer engineering.
- Experience in project management using formal SDLC; Good planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Prior experience on commercial product launch
- Min. 5 years C/C++/C# programming experience
- Min. 5+ years embedded system development experience on any RTOS.
- Experience in Windows Application development.
- Multi-threading/Tasks programming experience
- Knowledge of wired and wireless communication interfaces for embedded systems – modem, WiFi, BT, USB, Serial, i2C, SPI
- Familiar with software development process including one of the following: Waterfall, Agile or Iterative.
- Experience in software configuration management for version control and issue tracking.
- Experience applying Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Participate in integration and test. Collaborate with test engineers to debug and solve V&V issues.
- Prior development experience on IoT device and cloud development is a plus
- Bluetooth device driver development experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Data Modem development is preferred
ABBVIE LEADERSHIP SKILLS:
- Excellence Focused
- Boundaryless Mindset
- Open and Authentic
- Strategic Foresight
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.