Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS Modern Banking Platform is a Cloud based real-time, multi-currency deposit and loan core banking system. MBP is FIS’ next generation banking platform that provides a multitude of configurable features designed to meet the unique business and product needs of individual retail and commercial financial organizations. The MBP core banking solution offers industry-leading total cost-of-ownership benefits based on lower infrastructure and ongoing operating costs, as well as increased productivity. The highly configurable and integrated FIS MBP system can launch new products and services within days, improving time to market capabilities and enhancing competitive innovation. Profile’s real-time processing supports real-time interactions and payments minimizing potential risks and errors with point-in-time exception processing reducing day 2 manual effort.
What you will be doing
- Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
- Program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications.
- Maintains, tests and integrates application components.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing cod
- Ensures system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Demonstrates an understanding of FIS systems and the financial services industry.
- Analyzes requirements and translates business requirements into product designs.
- Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
- Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
- Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations
- Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
- May participate in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
- May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
- Open communication and transparency: We are an organization in which we value the ability to communicate and share information in a transparent way in order to be able to fuel meaningful conversations and be efficient at addressing the real issue and finding the best path forward.
- Ability to lead and take actions: Given a situation or task, we expect you are fully engaged and take the opportunity to demonstrate our ability to own a topic, bring the right people together, take actions and, in summary, take the lead in bringing this topic to wherever it should be.
- Anticipation and Proactivity: Our job is not to be firemen fighting one incident before the next. Our job is to create the conditions for our own success and that requires an ability to anticipate and be proactive, creating the context where the best can happen (ex: effectively managing risks and client expectations) rather than waiting or expecting the worst.
- Creativity and Pragmatism: In combination with the previous, creativity is the competency that summarizes for us the need to keep an open mind and think about multiple solutions when facing challenges. Demonstrating pragmatism in this context is having the ability to balance these solutions with an ability to integrate the u201Chow will they be implementedu201D into their evaluation
- Sense of initiative and ability to deliver: We accept mistakes, they are part of the learning curve and a demonstration that you tried something. On the other hand, we cannot accept inaction and the lack of initiative. Finally, as not every initiative can fail and because our business is ultimately to deliver solutions to the client, ability to turn actions and initiatives into actual results is key.
What you bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Java and XML.
- Strong knowledge of relational database/SQL
- Knowledge of Hadoop/Hive a plus
- Knowledge of Restful services a plus
- Knowledge of Unix shell script a plus
What we offer you
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits including private medical coverage, dental coverage, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.