Leidos is seeking a Senior Full Stack (Java) Software Engineer for our SSA ITSSC II program in Baltimore, MD.
As our Senior Full Stack (Java) SW Developer, you demonstrate a willingness to learn new innovative technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment. You will play a key role in modernizing legacy applications leveraging cloud computing, DevOps, or Big Data technologies.
- Architect, design, code, and implement next-generation web application using software engineering best practices in the latest technologies:
- Single Page Application front-end (React, NodeJS, Sass, Typescript)
- Spring Framework (Boot, Cloud, Security, Data)
- DevOps (Jenkins, Red Hat OpenShift, Docker, SonarQube, UrbanCode)
- Provide software expertise in one or more of these areas: Java application integration, Java enterprise services, service oriented architectures (SOA), security, business process management/business rules processing, user experience (UX) and accessibility (Section 508/WCAG/USDS Web Standards)
- Investigate and repair application defects regardless of component: front-end, business logic, middleware, or database (PL/SQL and Data Modeling).
- Brief management, customer, team, or vendors using written or oral skills at appropriate technical level for audience
- All other duties as assigned or directed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field; Master’s degree may substitute for 2 years of required experience
- 8+ years of experience with full lifecycle development
- 5+ years of experience with Java systems/application analysis & design
- 3+ years of combined experience SOA/Microservice architecture/RESTful web service
- Experience in an Agile development team, preferably Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
Key Required Skills: Java EE, React/NodeJS, Agile development, relational databases (PostgreSQL, DB2, or Oracle), and SOA/Microservice architecture
- Excellent knowledge with Java EE, Java generics and concurrent programming.
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, DB2, Oracle), SQL, and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate, Spring JDBC)
- Solid experience with automated unit testing, TDD, BDD, and associated technologies (Junit, Mockito, Cucumber, Selenium, Karma/Jasmine, TSLint)
- An in-depth knowledge of Social Security Administration (SSA) modern development environment
- Preferred experience developing mobile applications (hybrid, native, or PWA)
- Preferred experience with Spring Framework (Boot, Batch, Cloud, Security, Data)
- Preferred experience with delivery (CI/CD) best practices and DevOps to production
- Preferred experience with PaaS using Red Hat OpenShift / Kubernetes, and Docker containers
- Preferred experience with AWS cloud technologies or other cloud platforms
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.