CSS is seeking a full time Senior Database Engineer to support client requirements in Durham, NC. CSS is a professional and technical services provider to government and commercial clients. Our services are organized into four business lines and several cross-cutting services that we have cultivated through our 32 years of corporate experience. The four business lines are Earth, Space & Life Sciences, Emergency Response & Disaster Recovery, Environmental, Safety & Health, and Natural Resources Management. We provide competitive compensation and benefits package for our employees.
The Senior Database Engineer will have overall technical responsibility for the design, configuration, implementation of multiple MySQL master DBMS and its replicas using MySQL Enterprise. The Senior Database Engineer will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) by providing hands-on expertise and thought leadership to ensure successful DBMS activities for database optimizations, schema versioning, data versioning techniques/strategies, and automated ETL operations, as well as detailed and thorough documentation to support such activities.
Additionally, the Senior Database Engineer will support existing MongoDB NoSQL data stores and provide assistance with on-going data store development in a cluster environment across multiple nodes.
The best qualified candidate will:
- Support existing MySQL databases within the current DBMS, and provide direct support for DBMS database optimizations, schema versioning, and data versioning techniques;
- Design, implement and optimize data models utilizing new and existing databases within the environment to include installation and configuration;
- Design, configure, implement and document MySQL database clusters using MySQL Cluster CGE;
- Install, test, and configure latest versions of open-source PostgreSQL DBMS within a multi-node cluster configuration;
- Support MongoDB NoSQL data stores; develop and maintain data stores in a cluster environment across a multi-node environment;
- Perform installations, configurations, and necessary support for MySQL Enterprise Edition operations in prototype and production environments;
- Fully participate in application development teams by leading and/or participating in designing, testing, and documenting highly optimized data models for a wide variety of use cases;
- Provide responsive diagnostic support to correct processing anomalies found within the data environments;
- Review product owner requirements and specifications, and perform necessary analyses to ensure objectives and requirements are fully met;
- Support the team’s leadership in providing inputs to project resource estimates, scheduling, cost estimates, and technical reports, to include quality assurance reporting
- Provide assistance for specification preparation and other activities requiring a deep knowledge of data management principles and techniques;
- Develop and maintain accurate and timely technical documentation in support of DBMS activities;
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or closely related field of study and ten (10) years+ of documented, progressive database management systems (DBMS) work experience,
- OR Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or closely related field of study and eight (8) years+ of documented DBMS progressive work experience;
- Proven track record in understanding business drivers and requirements associated with software development cycles within a fast-paced client environment;
- Documented expertise in MySQL DBMS, MongoDB NoSQL data stores, and PostgreSQL DBMS;
- Proven hands-on expertise and thought leadership in database optimizations, schema versioning, data versioning techniques/strategies, and automated extract-translate-load (ETL) operations for a wide variety of use cases and program requirements;
- Experience with database clustering and distributed databases;
- Experience working in a Red Hat Linux environment;
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum/Kanban framework;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, highly integrated work team on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to work on-site Monday through Fridays during normal business hours (8:00 am – 5:00 pm) at client facilities located in Durham, NC;
- Ability to pass a background investigation and a drug test.
If you would like to be part of the CSS Team, please apply at . For questions or additional information, please contact Alisha Gowda, Senior Recruiter at or at .
CSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer who provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements, CSS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.