Deloitte Cloud is leading the way in the provision of cloud automation and cloud managed services within Deloitte.
We work with some of the world’s most recognisable organisations, from well-known brands to key government and civic organisations who play important roles in our lives. At our core, we are a team of engineers who pride ourselves in designing, building and running best of breed cloud native infrastructure solutions for all our clients.
We are not afraid to ask ‘why’ and always push to do things better. We are passionate about automation and we all take responsibility to ensure we deliver the best possible experience for our clients. We have a strong bias for action and want to get things done.
To enable us to continue making an impact for our clients and Deloitte, we are actively seeking to recruit people who want to be a part of our journey. We are looking for like-minded people who have a proven track record of learning and applying what they’ve learnt.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Our commitment to your development
We are committed to developing the skills of our teammates; we are as interested in what you want to learn as what you already know. So, if you do not have significant experience of a specific tool or product in our job responsibilities description, do not be discouraged. If you want to develop those skills, we will help.
Want to work with the latest technologies, as part of a team helping international organisations transform their core business capabilities? Whether you’re working with on-premise systems, Cloud technology, or custom-developed solutions (to name just a few), your expertise will help clients deliver continuous improvement and innovation, from initial design right through to implementation and optimization.
• Build out AWS and Azure infrastructure designs using automation templates or tools such as Terraform and Ansible;
• Contribute to best practice infrastructure designs to the highest standards possible; provide feedback /peer review on designs produced by colleagues;
• Take responsibility for all aspects of infrastructure solutions you build: from security by design to creating accompanying high-quality documentation;
• Build with the end in mind and get involved in all aspects of development and operations for the platform solutions we build and manage;
• Actively seek out opportunities to automate manual functions and pro-actively improve the reliability and performance of our cloud platforms;
• Maintain knowledge of developments in Azure/AWS/GCP services and seek out opportunities to apply new features and functionality to existing design patterns.
Your personal characteristics
• Ability to become a trusted advisor to our clients;
• A strong bias for action;
• A passion for technology;
• A desire to learn and continually develop;
• Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written forms to address both technical and consultative audiences;
• Great attention to detail;
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you
You will be based at our Belfast office, with an option of working from home one day a week.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
• Technical experience working in IT with a strong understanding of IT infrastructure fundamentals; compute infrastructure, storage, networking and management thereof;
• At least one certification on a relevant cloud platform (e.g. Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate/MCSE or AWS Certified Solutions Architect or Google Professional Cloud Architect);
• Solid understanding of Cloud technologies including fundamental characteristics of cloud, cloud-native design fundamentals, best practices (such as Azure Review Framework or AWS Well Architected Framework);
• A strong understanding of security concerns around cloud and a willingness to develop infrastructure solutions, which are secure by design;
• Strong interest in building cloud infrastructure, some experience in doing so allied to a strong desire to develop cloud skills further, including certifications;
• Strong OS knowledge including recent Windows and / or Linux experience;
• Some scripting experience with any modern scripting language (Terraform, Ansible, Python, Powershell preferred) with a strong desire to develop further;
• Understanding of using any of the above technologies to automate tasks allied to a strong desire to build on your existing skills;
• Familiarity with IT support processes and a commitment to produce supportable designs and builds;
• Familiarity with DevOps practices & culture, CI/CD pipelines;
• Willingness to travel occasionally;
• Multiple AWS, Azure or GCP certifications;
• Experience of development pipeline technologies such as Jenkins, Git, Github or any competitors thereof;
• Experience of automating infrastructure deployment; using any of CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, Salt, Chef or Puppet;
• Particular Windows / Microsoft ecosystem experience; Azure, Powershell, experience using any of Microsoft’s OS deployment management toolset;
Deloitte Cloud Perks
• 256Gb iPhone XR, Macbook Pro or HP Spectre Pro, multi-monitor deskspace
• Access to on-line training platforms such as Linux Academy and Linkedin Learning;
• Quarterly All-Hands meetups; we share our successes, plans and socialise;
• Regular team breakfasts;
• Certification rewards; ranging from Amazon vouchers to trips to re:Invent/Ignite;
• Flexible working environment;
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.