Senior Application Support Engineer
Apex Supply Chain Technologies
Who You Are
· You have an enthusiastic attitude, hands-on style and inspirational spirit
· You are tech-savvy and thrive when building a culture of innovation, rapid change and evolution
· Ideally you have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or appropriate certifications
· You embrace change and approach opportunities boldly
· You strive for the least complicated approach that will work
· You choose a collaborative approach of respect and dignity for all
· You have a passion for learning, laughing, energizing, and achieving more
Your Ideal Skills
- B.S. degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 5+ total years in a DevOps role or in application operations support role in a SaaS production environment at least 2 years in a senior or lead role.
- Strong aptitude with server and application troubleshooting and the ability to drive to root cause on a wide variety of issues.
- High degree of comfort with the Linux command line interface.
- Working knowledge of high availability application architectures.
- Firm grasp of message queuing, pub/sub and broker-based technologies such as ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, etc.
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes is highly desirable.
- AWS, Azure or GCP experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with Java application servers running JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic or Tomcat is highly desirable
- Experience with reverse proxy configurations using Nginx, Caddy, etc. is highly desirable.
- Experience with Git (GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab, VSTS, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Node.js experience is a plus.
- Experience utilizing enterprise grade appliances such as F5 Big-IP or Citrix NetScaler for application delivery is a plus.
- Application development experience is a plus.
What You Will Do
· Administers, monitors, upgrades, tunes, tests, secures and ensures high availability of applications and middleware in Apex’s 24×7 SaaS environments.
· Contributes the uptime of the various SaaS environments per SLAs.
· Designs automated, robust, scalable and easily supported SaaS application deployment and support processes.
· Joins on-call efforts such as software deployments, maintenance, troubleshooting and issue escalations.
· Assists in designing, implementing, and periodically testing high availability and recovery procedures in conjunction with other IT staff.
· Maintains the health of all application environments by identifying and applying patches and hotfixes for security, stability and performance.
· Windows server and Linux server troubleshooting and maintenance.
Who We Are
We are a market and technology leader who is redefining the way companies across all business sectors process and deliver orders, supplies and materials and manage assets by providing tailored, scalable self-serve systems, mobile apps and Cloud-based software. We apply business Intelligence and Analytics to achieve data-driven insights which dramatically elevate the interplay between technologies and customers to build elegant supply chain and product delivery solutions that create transformative solutions for a smarter future.
· We deploy simple, effective solutions leveraging IoT, UI/UX, Real-time cloud transaction processing at scale (Big Data), Machine Learning and AI and Analytics to solve real-world problems for real-world B2B and B2C clients
· World Headquarters in mason, Ohio with broad presence in Europe, Latin American and a growing presence in Asia Pac and over 450 Global team members
· More than 100,000 devices deployed on 6 continents in more than 80 countries
· More than 25,000 corporate clients globally executing billions of highly secure, real-time transactions; tens of million every day
· Our technology has been adopted as a best practice by many of the world’s leading companies in industries ranging from Manufacturing, Transportations and Logistics to Retail, E-commerce and Foodservice
· This is your opportunity to join a growing and innovative organization with new career paths being defines every day
· We offer a competitive base salary and a full benefits package including health insurance, life, dental and a 401(k) plan with a company match
· Every day, you will work on the cutting edge of an industry
· Together we dream what is possible and make it real through innovation and collaboration
· Our team members aren’t numbers, they make important contributions to the business on a daily basis
· We embrace individuals with diverse backgrounds and experience to pursue our shared vision with a spirit of harmony and enthusiasm
At Apex, we truly believe that everything is possible. For us. And for you. If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, apply at:
A pex Supply Chain Technologies in an Equal Opportunity Employer