STERIS is a leading provider of infection prevention and procedural products and services, focused primarily on the critical markets of healthcare, pharmaceutical and research and medical devices. Our mission is to help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe. We have 12,000 employees worldwide, with over 3,000 in Customer-facing sales and service roles. Founded as Innovative Medical Technologies in Ohio in 1985, the company was renamed STERIS in 1987. Many of the businesses that have been acquired and integrated into STERIS have much longer operating histories, notably the American Sterilizer Company founded in 1894. The STERIS Vision is inspired by our Customers’ efforts to create a healthier and safer world, and guided by our legacy of leadership and innovation; we strive to be a Great Company. To STERIS, this means we will make a difference by providing world-class product and service solutions for our Customers, safe and rewarding work for our People, and superior returns for our Shareholders.
Responsible for driving sales of a particular product (Endoscope repair) in a geographic region. Responsible for designing and delivering training to both internal and external Customers. Increases regional sales revenues and profitability.
* Works closely with individual Account Managers and Customers, analyzing Customer needs, and identifying customized solutions.
* Utilizes advanced sales and Customer interaction skills to create and deliver presentations customized to individual Customers of varying levels including Managers, Directors, Doctors, and other senior level Customers.
* Utilizes market and Customer knowledge, along with research material to analyze opportunities to identify sales leads and target accounts in order to increase penetration.
* Coaches and trains Account Managers on how to effectively understand customer needs, selling Value Drivers, and resolving customer needs to obtain business results.
* Assists the Regional Manager in training Account Manager on developing effective opportunity plans.
* Maintains the IMS CRM system as required to document Customer information, sales activities, and other information required by the Company.
* Conducts Customer training such as Care and Handling sessions, Instrument Universities, etc.
* Provides assistance with preparation for and participates in trade shows.
* Provides Customer services for vacant territories as needed.
* High School Diploma or GED
* High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred.
* 3 years field sales experience related to surgical and/or GI devices; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must maintain valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and safe driving record to meet travel requirements.
* Position requires working vehicle with insurance compliant with Company requirements.
* Must be available during common Customer hours, which can vary (might include evening and occasional weekend hours).
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
* Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills
* Building customer loyalty
* Conflict resolution/Conflict management
* Customer Focus