The Quality Assurance Coordinator is responsible for supporting and maintaining quality initiatives communicated by the management and customer requirements. This position is responsible for quality related training and auditing along with creating, evaluating and improving processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
Job Duties: –
* Establishes new items in the system to include measurements, SKUs, and pick front locations
* Communicates daily with customers by handling all quality issues, holds, releases, special projects and special requests
* Performs product function testing to customer standards
* Reviews product to ensure it is as described in comparison to our catalogue and/or internet, i.e., without cosmetic defects
* Ensures product is labeled correctly
* Scans for damaged product
* Participates in Quality Improvement initiatives
* Serves as a liasion to management for account progress or concerns
* Monitors out-bound loading Quality Assurance
* Monitors in-bound unloading and staging Quality Assurance
* Maintains notes on quality issues via spreadsheet for review and quality improvement
* Coordinates training plans with supervisors to identify and address any lapses in training
* Records inspection results
* Communicates inspection results to customer
* Assists with training and organizational data as needed
* Other duties as required and assigned
* High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
* Minimum 1 to 3 years related experience and/or training
* Exposure to warehouse management systems
* PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals required
* Must also be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The incumbent must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles, and can be exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold including climates consistent with outside weather conditions.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered Essential Functions and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform Essential Functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Functions.