Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook seeks a product marketer who is knowledgeable and passionate about marketplaces, e-commerce, digital advertising. This role will be at the center of driving the growth of Facebook Marketplace, launching products that help people sell, discover, and buy products they love and creating value for all users participating in the platform. The ideal candidate will have experience with and strong perspectives on marketplaces and e-commerce as well as understanding of digital advertising, with a deep understanding of industry competitive landscape, trends, and business models. She or he must have experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results, and developing and executing against global launch plans to bring digital commerce or advertising products to market. Excellent analytical and communication skills and comfort with ambiguity are a must.
- Lead market assessment, quantitative analysis, qualitative feedback, and represent the market internally with Product Management and Engineering, with a focus on buyer and seller value propositions
- Identify significant long-term opportunities based on research, analysis and a strategic view of the direction of the market
- Collaborate closely with Product Management to define the vision and strategic direction and priorities for Facebook Marketplace
- Plan and lead cross-functional efforts to drive successful product launches (alpha and beta programs) and international expansion
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the broader Facebook ecosystem and competitive landscape to develop strategic product feedback and positioning
- Define and manage comprehensive go-to-market strategy and plan including positioning, policy, launch strategy, pubic relations
- Partner effectively with Product Management and outbound marketing to lead world-class product marketing communications for new ecommerce solutions
- Communicate the value proposition of new products to all go-to-market teams and ensure that effective sales support materials and packages are created
- Drive product adoption and usage rates by supporting market facing programs and effective product launch support
- BA/BS degree
- 12+ years work experience
- 2+ years experience at a strategy consulting firm, investment bank or working directly on e-commerce (e.g. consumer technology, online marketplace, e-commerce company)
- Demonstrated experience driving strategic analysis to influence product and business decisions
- Project management experience scoping and manages projects, and delivering outcomes against timelines
- Quantitative analytical experience
- Experience synthesizing analysis and communicating concepts
- Experience collaborating and managing cross-functional teams to drive results
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Experience working directly with/on marketplaces, e-commerce, digital advertising products
- Experience working in a product marketing or general management capacity (partnered closely with product management and/or engineering to represent market requirements and with sales to support product launches)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at .