Job ID: 5832
At Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc., we have been around for over 175 years and it’s not just because of the high-quality product we provide or the future that we plan and prepare for, but because of the dedicated, ambitious and hard-working individuals who drive outstanding customer service on a consistent, day-to-day basis. This is a major reason why Ryerson is experiencing both domestic and international growth on a grand scale within the metals industry.
We are looking for an Aluminum Product Manager to join our Supply Chain / Procurement team. The ideal candidate will have experience preparing and analyzing market and product trends on an on-going basis, including forecasting, pricing and profitability targets. In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience supporting aluminum product sales and profitability growth by developing sales tools, including presentation materials, and making as-needed customer contact/visits.
• Job duties include, but are not limited to, aluminum sales and profitability review, vertical market growth opportunities, inventory management, market pricing/cost recommendations, competitor analysis, cooperative marketing opportunities with suppliers and customers, product training and promotional growth programs.
• Conduct market research for strategic products.
• Create product newsletters to increase overall awareness, promote successes and generate enthusiasm.
• Other duties as assigned by management
• Bachelor’s degree
• Demonstrated competency and experience in a product management role
• Working knowledge of aluminum and aluminum-based products in strongly preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and team building skills.
• Thrives in unstructured and evolving environments; detail orientation, analytical aptitude and execution skills.
• Creative problem solving.
• Solid business acumen.
• Proficient Microsoft Office skills required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.