Reconciles taxes liabilities by pay period, monthly, quarterly and annually.
Reviews audit results and implements controls adequate to limit tax balance
adjustments, tax amendments and tax notices. Ensures that all Federal, state
and local taxes are withheld and submitted to the appropriate tax entities
timely and accurately. Negotiates with tax entities to limit financial
penalties and interest due. Provides W2 and W2cs accurately and timely. Ensures
compliance and accuracy by maintaining up-to-date knowledge of tax issues
related to Federal, State and Local tax requirements.
* Complete reconciliation process of tax liabilities to MasterTax and
timely remit employee income tax withholding and employer required tax
payments in compliance multi-jurisdictional requirements. File tax
amendments with appropriate federal, state and/or local tax entities as
* Manage associate requests via CIC+, SN tickets, emails or phone calls
timely. Analyze and determine appropriate action processing tax balance
adjustments and W2cs. Communicate withholding requirements, actual
payroll deductions and corrective actions as appropriate to requestors
* Research and respond to tax entities upon receipt of tax notices to
ensure that filings are accurate. Negotiate reduced penalties and
interest to limit financial costs for errors identified. Follow through
to identify root cause of errors to ensure that appropriate programming
corrections or controls are implemented in order to eliminate repeat
* Process W2s timely and accurately including developing and implementing
appropriate associate communication plans.
* Confirm Workday withholding programmed for federal, state and local tax
entities are accurate.
* Develop and maintain current process documentation to ensure a
consistent, accurate and efficient process every cycle. Actively work to
identify process improvement opportunities including automation and
* Manage the set-up, closure and relationship for all tax accounts with
federal, state and/or local jurisdictions including establishing EFT
* Complete reconciliation process of tax liabilities to MasterTax
What you’ll bring to the team…
* Bachelor s degree in a related field or the equivalent through a
combination of education and related work experience.
* Ability to work independently to solve payroll tax issues, making complex
decisions based on knowledge of payroll tax laws.
* Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
* 2 years Minimum related work experience