Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so its equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
The impact 3M has on peoples lives and communities around the globe is amazing. As the leader of 3Ms global community giving, I am incredibly proud to be part of and work alongside 3Mers, community partners and customers committed to making positive social change. Michael Stroik, director of 3Mgives
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact Youll Make in this Role
As a Manufacturing Technology Systems Engineer , you will be a member of the FMS-Chemical Manufacturing Technology Team responsible for supporting operations while planning and implementing software systems around strategic FOF (Factory of the Future) initiatives. The responsibilities range from leadership in software design to working with operators on the factory floor to implement new software concepts in manufacturing. You will identify needs through customer requests and personal observation and work to satisfy those needs through appropriate application of software, hardware and processes; perform requirements analysis, planning, design, implementation, quality assurance, and deployment along with cross-functional teams including engineering, maintenance, production and management functions; are aware of local and corporate initiatives and their impact on plant systems; and recommend solutions with an eye toward reusability.
As a Manufacturing Technology Systems Engineer , you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- The deployment of software solutions for Chemical factories under Pacesetter and FOF initiatives
- Coordinating with corporate and local resources on interfacing software systems
- Supporting software and hardware for operator interaction on the factory floor
- Analyzing existing software applications to identify improvements for maintainability and functionality
- Leading the corporate and manufacturing teams; identify and prototype best practices in software design
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Four (4) years of software systems engineering experience in a public, private, military or government environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Bachelors degree or higher in engineering or computer science (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Software systems experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with web application development
- Experience in C# development with MS Visual Studio
- Experience with MES (Manufacturing Execution System) integration
- A passion for Industry 4.0 Manufacturing and Data Automation
Travel: May include up to 15% domestic
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintenance, network, satcom, server, system engineer, system specialist, technician