A Lead Software Engineer responsible for the development, deployment automation, and support of applications for a specific area, leveraging his/her expertise and knowledge of multiple systems/customer areas.
Translates business requirements into well-engineered, tested and deployed application systems that are used by the business and supports these systems while in production. Interface with internal customers to determine the most efficient, cost-effective approach to meet their business requirements. Design, develop, test, install, and deploy the required software applications. Develop solutions utilizing a variety of software technologies, including new code construction, modifications to existing modules, configuration and/or package implementation. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in the feasibility analysis for new systems/applications.
- Play a leadership role in the technical design of new systems/applications for work type 1 and smaller type 2 projects, using functional specifications. Direct junior staff in the coding, configuration and testing needed to meet documented needs.
- Perform coding and/or configuration to meet documented needs, using standard procedures and techniques.
- Monitor operating efficiency of existing application systems and provides (or arranges for) proactive maintenance. Review, analyze, and modify programming systems, including coding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system. Maintains records to document program development and revisions.
- Expert understanding of all application development processes including Macy’s Technology’s software development methodology; ability to serve as a resource to others.
- Expert in existing applications supporting the business area. Able to serve as a key resource to ensure the system is performing up to requirements.
- Possesses understanding of multiple systems/customer areas, gained through previous experience in different areas of Macy’s or Macy’s Tech, and leverages that knowledge to support current customer(s).
- Works independently and provides guidance within technical area, applying in-depth knowledge of multiple technologies, as appropriate.
- Provide technical support and resolves customer inquiries and production issues.
- Serve as a coach/mentor to less experienced developers. Manages and delegates tasks as appropriate.
- Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
6+ years of experience designing and developing web and enterprise applications using Java/J2EE technologies.
3+ years of experience leading the team in Agile environment with hands-on coding.
3+ years of experience with web services (with REST or SOAP) and messaging applications (with JAXB and JMS).
2+ years of experience with continuous integration using tools such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, and Artifactory.
2+ years of experience with deployment automation using such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
2+ years of experience with or exposure to cloud computing platform and associated automation tools such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or Amazon EC2.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to read, write, and interpret complex technical documents.
Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
Leads the development phase of projects, making work assignments and managing task completion. Selects tools/methodologies for projects.
Commits to deliverables for scope of work.
Modifies jobs and schedules for jobs as necessary.
This position involves regular ambulating, sitting, hearing, and talking.
May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Involve use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
May be a need to move or lift items under 10 pounds.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.