At M&T Tech, we’re a team of makers, doers, and builders, working to create the most advanced technology solutions in banking. We’re not your stereotypical suit and tie bankers: We’re an innovative team of leading tech experts, pushing boundaries, and taking risks. We’re building an agile team of the most skilled and creative workers to solve complex problems, architecting solutions, writing high-performance software, and charting our new path, all to make the lives of our customers, and the communities that we serve better. Join us and be part of something new as we build tomorrow’s bank, today.
The Enterprise Architecture, Data, and Engineering Group is responsible with enabling our technology partners across the Bank with a suite of best-in-class Platforms, Tools, and Products; allowing them to deliver rich customer solutions all while decreasing their time to market. In addition, the Group creates significant value by providing an advisory and governance function on these capabilities, so technology delivery teams can focus on the “What” not the “How”.
You will be part of an agile team where you will design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code; ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. We are on a mission to change the way we innovate, architect, and deliver tech products to help the bank modernize the way we work.
Enterprise Integration Team Details:
Contribute to the Enterprise Software Engineering team responsible for developing and promoting bank-wide services that include data libraries, user experience, and code management and deployment; design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code by utilizing Git, Maven, and XML in an Agile environment; utilize SOAP and RESTful interfaces, Java, and Spring framework to develop web services, APIs, and software applications; ensure the best possible quality, performance, and responsiveness of applications; build out products and product enhancements; partner with business and technical teams to understand and build capabilities that can be leveraged currently and in the future; work with teams for systems analysis and development; interact with technology personnel, and mentor fellow engineers.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of an Associate degree and 5 years’ systems analysis/application development experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 7 years’ higher education and/or work experience
- Worked on multiple projects of a basic to moderately complex systems analysis, design and development
- An ability to build out products & products enhancements from idea through to launch
- The candidate must be able to effectively collaborate, and show positive, mutual respect to all fellow team members.
- A team player mindset with an ability to thrive and effectively communicate in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field, and four (4) years of experience with systems analysis and application development using Core Java, Spring framework, Web services, API development and database integration.
- Two (2) years of experience with Agile Methodology, working with a message-oriented middleware system, and Spring Boot.
- Core Java
- Spring framework
- Web services and API development
- SOAP, XML, XSL
M&T Bank is a Top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best performing and financial stable regional banks in the country, we offer our technology employees a wide range of performance-based career development opportunities. We have a strong commitment to our customers and the communities we serve, and we continue to grow with a focus on the future. So, when looking to advance your career, look to M&T. Grow with us.
Buffalo, New York, United States of America