SAIC is seeking candidates for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), a Combat Support Agency, who engineers and provides command and control capabilities and enterprise infrastructure, to continuously operate and assure a global net-centric enterprise which directly supports joint warfighters, national level leaders, and other mission and coalition partners across the full spectrum of operations.
The JAVA Developer will design, develop and unit test JAVA applications. The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge and experience in JAVA architecture design as well as coding and testing. Experience with Oracle ADF faces, Java persistence API, Enterprise JavaBeans and JDeveloper SDE required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- The Java Developer will be responsible for development, implementation, and maintenance of new or existing tools.
- Analyze and study complex system requirements.
- Design software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analysis and management of implementation.
- Manage software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams and other accepted techniques and computer aided software engineering (CASE) tools.
- Estimate software development costs and schedules.
- Review existing programs and assist with making refinements, reducing operating time and improving current techniques.
- Review and supervise configuration management.
- Utilize Oracle ADF Faces (JSF 2.0), JAVA, Java Persistence API, JDeveloper SDE, Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB 3.0) and Angular, to create complex, customized web applications to meet customer’s needs.
- Provide support for business system analysis and process definition.
- Write well designed code, testable, efficient code for software components, units and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules using structured development processes.
- Evaluating code to ensure that it is valid, properly structured, meets industry standards, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review. Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Provide technical solutions and assist in work estimates for implementation of both new requirements and bug fixes.
- Research, track and understand new web technologies to provide technical leadership in developing service applications and analyzing business requirements.
- Confer with program managers and/or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Research, document, rate or select alternatives for web architecture or technologies.
- Maintain job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Independently work on routine assignments.
- Active Secret clearance is required.
- Security + Certification or higher DoD 8570 Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 9+ years of experience.
- 5+ years of experience designing JAVA applications.
- 5+ years of experience of solid JAVA coding.
- Significant experience with Oracle ADF Faces.
- Experience with Java Persistence API, JDeveloper SDE, Enterprise JavaBeans and Angular.
- Thorough understanding of software development, design, design patterns, documented formal specifications, data flow diagrams and other design techniques and computer aided software engineering (CASE) tools and their implementation.
- Ability to design software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analysis and maintain their implementation.
- Working knowledge of distributed software systems.
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Background with Oracle APEX and Developer tools such as GIT, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, or other Atlassian developer products and at least two items of the following categories:
- Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, or PKI
- RedHat Linux
- Java Server Pages (JSP).
- Java Script.
- J-Query and other Java Script Plug-Ins.
- Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Procedural Language/Structured Query Language (PL-SQL) functions, packages, database views, constraints, and triggers.
- Oracle WebLogic.
- Database generated reports and files in Portable Document Format (PDF), Extensible
- Markup Language (XML), and Microsoft Products.
- Source Code Control.
- Strong knowledge of web application fundamentals and ability to create support documentation for new applications.
- Excellent communication skills and maintaining customer/team relationships.
- Experience working in a government setting.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment utilizing a DevSecOps pipeline to provide continuous integration and continuous delivery of capability
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation’s most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com . For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom . For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability