At a high level we’re looking for a senior java software engineer who truly understands the engineering portion of software engineering, and not just someone who can output code. I know the opening is for advanced, but we will also entertain intermediate if the person is a good fit and aligns with the skills requirements. The teams are pair programming and leveraging test driven development, so the person needs to be comfortable working with others. As part of our hiring process we actually put them through a team fit that will cover these dimensions.
The individual will be part of our core team helping build out our data streaming platform, API’s, etc. We’re using technologies including Apache Flink, Apache Nifi, Exadata, HDFS, GraphQL, Kafka, etc. The person will be responcible for pairing with team members and building out core framework components that will be reused throughout. The individual should be comfortable and familiar with DevSecops, understand secure coding.
The Java, services, and frameworks developer is responsible for design and development of core platform that enables the delivery and construction processes for the Data Management, Data Discovery and Analytics group, leveraging emerging technologies. The individual is a subject matter expert technologist with strong Java and very knowledgeable with utilization and integration of Open Source software. The individual has deep understanding and application of enterprise software design for implementation of data services and middleware. This is a have been there, done that technologist who thrives on driving efforts to completion while utilizing best in breed technologies and methodologies.
Day-to-day activities will vary widely based on the state of the organization’s priorities and needs at that point in time. As such, this individual must be comfortable with flexibility in their role. They must be able to operate in a relaxed, yet confident manner, without explicit hierarchy and structure governing work. An affinity towards, and appreciation of, an influence-based and entrepreneurial culture is critical for success.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Component Software Design & Development.
* Participating in agile development projects.
* Helping ensure the highest quality of our software by leveraging TDD, ATDD/SBE, and BDD.
* Collaborating and pairing with team members.
* Acting as a role model for all best practices, ensuring consistency across entire team.
* 8+ years experience with full development lifecycle from inception through implementation leveraging Java and various Java frameworks
* 3+ years experience with ATDD/SBE, pair programming, TDD, and other XP and agile principals.
* Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong work ethic
* Test-infected attitude (strong desire to perform thorough and exhaustive unit, integration and system testing).
* BS in Computer Science or similar technical Bachelors
* Experience with common frameworks like Spring, Apache, Hibernate (or similar ORM tools), REST such as Jersey, JSON, etc.
* Experience with DevSecOps and enjoys learning how and why things go together.
Nice to have:
* 3+ years experience with Scala or similar functional languages
* 3+ years implementing Big Data technologies including Spark, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Sqoop, and similar technologies.
* 3+ years implementing and working with streaming solutions including Kafka and AMPS as well as stream processing such as Kafka Streams, Spark, Flink, etc.
* 3+ years leveraging big data consumption tools such as Impala, Hive, Drill, or similar query engines.
* Experience with Data Management
We’re partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That’s the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call -3411 or email .com for other accommodation options.