ActionIQ is looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join the Data Ingest Team. As a Full Stack Engineer on the team, you will play an integral part in defining and implementing the frontend and backend services to support the user-facing web application and our Data Ingest platform.
The Data Ingest team at ActionIQ plays a critical role in enabling customers and partners to configure data pipelines through our user-facing application to run in our data platform. The platform is responsible for reliably ingesting and transforming batch and streaming data from the customer with low-latency, while providing visibility into the data transfer process to customers and internal teams. We’re building a product that our customers spend hours a day using — you should be excited about not only building an incredibly useful product, but a delightful and engaging one as well.
As a member of the team, you will play a cornerstone role throughout the life of a project. You will engage in ideation and brainstorming, collaborate on design requirements and product decisions, and establish milestones for the team to deliver on. We strive for quick development iterations to continuously gather feedback, as well as remain flexible to handle unforeseen edge cases. Once delivered, effective automated tests and just the right amount of telemetry data will ensure the feature is functioning as planned, so you can sit back, measure product success, and incorporate your learnings into the next one.
AS A MEMBER OF THE DATA INGEST TEAM, YOU WILL:
* Work collaboratively within the team and across team boundaries to lead projects that span our frontend application and backend services.
* Build and support new ingest integrations and protocols to pull data from Data Warehouses, Data Lakes, REST APIs, etc. into the ActionIQ platform.
* Participate in our architecture review process to gather feedback and collaborate with others on designing a scalable, robust, and cost-efficient data platform.
* Influence our testing strategies, identifying the ideal combination of unit and functional tests to enable developer productivity while also preventing bugs.
* Participate in an on-call rotation to support our production environment, our software delivery processes, and help other teams.
For our tech stack, we use React and TypeScript on the frontend, and Scala with Thrift on the server-side. MySQL is our primary datastore, Spark and Kafka power various big data and streaming features, and we run nearly everything on AWS. Dont worry if you havent heard of some of these technologies!
* 3+ years of experience in a product-focused engineering role, either frontend or API-side (or both!)
* Experience with modern frontend frameworks such as React and Angular, and web-server frameworks such as Express, Rails, Flask, Django, Play Framework, etc.
* Experience with SQL databases
* An interest in building and supporting large scale data architectures with technologies such as Snowflake, Spark, Kafka, and/or ETL systems.
* An excitement to join a culture of constant learning and improvement as an individual and member of your team.
* Work with a fun, inclusive, and smart team of people as we build a NYC-based enterprise software company!
* Competitive compensation package, including significant equity component
* Backed by top-tier VCs (Sequoia, Andreessen Horowitz, FirstMark Capital)
* Top health insurance benefits
* Currently remote with expectation to be back in office in 2021.
* Work from Home stipend to optimize office set up
ActionIQ is committed to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization. We embrace equal opportunity for all applicants and seek to foster a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. AIQ welcomes qualified applicants of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background. Join us on our journey to build a product that will help our customers deliver memorable experiences that will drive loyalty and growth.