OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
* Responsible for supporting the financial reporting, analysis, and forecasting needs of various departments throughout the Company
* Prepare monthly P&L variance analysis, including identifying trends and areas of concern
* Present and explain analyses to operational leaders and finance director
* Complete and deliver meeting follow-up requests on a timely basis, adding additional value as applicable
* Providefinancial support to various departments on a day-to-day basis
* Educate operational leaders on how to evaluate department performance
* Generate various reports of financial and operating data as requested by operational or finance leaders
* Analyze financial data and create models to aid in decision support
* Liaise with accountingdepartment on reclassification entries and questionable items on the P&L or Balance Sheet
* Prepare quarterly forecasts and other ad hoc pro formas as requested
* Assist operational leaders in their preparation of the annual budget
* Increase productivity by developing automatedreporting/forecasting tools
* Perform additional duties as assigned
* Bachelors degree from a four-year college in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field required.
* Over two years of work experience in a finance or finance-related role
* You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations.
* If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e. entering symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealthGroup building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
* Healthcare experience in the hospital, provider, managed care or payor industries
* Background knowledge of accounting principles preferred
* Masters degree in Business or related field preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint)
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Proficiency in financial modeling techniques
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here youll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.