WHY JOIN THE AMES COMPANIES
Our employees are our greatest assets, that is why we provide excellent comprehensive benefits.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life Insurance, Disability (STD/LTD), Employee Assistance Program, Telehealth, Wellness, Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Employee Stock Option Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Critical Illness, Identity Theft Protection, Pet Insurance, and much more.
We are environmentally conscious and responsible. Proud supporters of local and national charities, and we provide immense growth opportunity!
WHO WE ARE
The AMES Companies, headquartered in Lake Nona-Orlando, FL has a rich history of American manufacturing. The AMES story goes back to 1774, when Captain John Ames began making America’s first shovels. AMES® brand is the third oldest consumer brand in the country, and its tools have literally helped build America, for more than 200 years. AMES products have built Revolutionary War ramparts, connected the nation via the Transcontinental Railroad, dug for gold, gone on expeditions to Antarctica, carved Mount Rushmore, and installed the Statue of Liberty. And just like America, we’re still working every day to build the next great wonder.
Our business lines include Home Organization, Lawn and Garden Tools, Outdoor Living, and Cleaning Tools, with leading global brands sold to homeowners and professionals involved in new construction, remodeling, and maintenance activities.
Our leading brands include ClosetMaid®, AMES®, True Temper®, Razor-Back®, Jackson®, Southern Patio® and Harper®
We are a business unit of Griffon Corporation (NYSE: GFF)
WHO YOU ARE
As the Online Merchandising Manager/ eCommerce Marketing Manager – your main responsibility is to manage the online brand experience on our retail partner’s ecommerce sites such as Lowes.com, Homedepot.com, Target.com, Costco.com and other key sites. This position is responsible for creating, improving and maintaining a best-in-class brand experience to achieve our business goals. Ultimately, this position will implement all online merchandising and marketing initiatives on our Retail ecommerce partner sites to ensure customer engagement, brand consistency and a positive customer experience. You are an experienced professional with demonstrable creative writing skills, content optimization and brand consistency.
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
Lake Nona, Orlando, FL. In our State-of-the-art- Head Quarters
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term goals.
- Collaborate with product teams to plan and develop site content for products.
- Create engaging content by utilizing creative copy, dynamic imagery, latest trends in merchandising products categories in the digital world
- Optimize content to improve ranking on search engines and site searches.
- Learn and use content management systems (online portals) to manage the catalog and digital assets for each retail partner’s site.
- Monitor & maintain online content (catalogs, images, documents, videos, etc.) for accuracy.
- Monitor and analyze web traffic and metrics available for these sites to assist with recommendations to improve the online consumer or customer experience.
- Understand marketing opportunities available in each channel to suggest and develop online initiatives with our eRetailer counterparts to improve the purchase experience and increase online sales.
- Propose and collaborate the metrics that will define success or failure of each online marketing program or promotion with the Director of eCommerce Retail Sales.
- Communicate agreed upon metric expectations for marketing programs or promotions, track the metrics and report on results of each program to assist with decisions on future opportunities and investments.
- Interface with our Marketing Mangers and Other Online Merchandising Managers to share opportunities and gain knowledge.
- Review industry and competitive analysis to stay abreast of current technology and market conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Digital or relevant field.
- 3 to 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with content management
- Basic knowledge of creative software programs for digital content building
- Basic knowledge HTML and web publishing
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational and proactive time-management skills; comfortable working independently.
- Passionate about educating the customer as well as the consumer
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- This position is located primarily in an office environment. At times the associate is required to sit for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may need the ability to lift and carry loads up to 50 pounds.
- Upon occasion, the associate may be exposed to a manufacturing environment and required to wear personal protective equipment.
The Ames Companies will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Ames Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)