The automation team is a critical driver of various strategic initiatives at Citi and Chef is a key technology used for automation. This role is crucial in helping the design, scale, and manage our growing OpenShift and Public cloud (AWS/Google Cloud Platform/Azure) backed infrastructure. Your expertise will be contributed to troubleshoot application and infrastructure issues in a highly complex system with an enthusiastic team.
We are looking for candidates who have production experience with OpenShift based platforms, expertise in automating distributed systems, scaling a fast growing platform, maintaining high availability, capacity planning and a forward thinking/devops mindset ready to take on tomorrow’s challenges.
- Triaging and troubleshooting production issues and blameless postmortems for incidents.
- Researching and implementing ways to automate the management of our infrastructure.
- Collaborate closely with multiple team such as engineering, datacenter, vendor just to name few.
- Support development and production support teams across our growing development, UAT, and production environments.
- Building out uptime, latency, and error and capacity monitoring for the stack.
- Taking part in on-call rotation for support.
- 3+ years of infrastructure support experience.
- 1+ years of software development experience. (Java/go/Python/node)
- Experience with container orchestration framework such as Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience supporting Linux systems hosted in a cloud environment – We’re using AWS/Google Cloud Platform (specifically EC2, EKS, Teraform, Openshift, ElasticCache, and S3, to name a few).
- Experience with CI/CD products.
- Understand and assist in implementing monitoring in cloud and of the PaaS/IaaS
- Strong understanding of IT Risk and IS security fundamentals in cloud.
- Familiarity with using Ansible/Chef.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of Agile and Scrum fundamentals.
- A strong desire to understand complex systems and how to troubleshoot and make them highly available.
- A collaborative spirit and you enjoy working with a team to build things in agile fashion.
- A desire to continually improve and you value giving and receiving constant and constructive feedback.
- Bachelor s/University degree, or equivalent work experience
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi ) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the ” EEO is the Law ” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
– provided by Dice