start your ownership journey!
WinCo Foods is a family of 20,000+ employee-owners, with 126 grocery stores and
our own distribution and transportation network operating across 10 states in
the American West, Pacific Northwest and Southwest. As the Low Price Grocery
Leader we believe that we make the lives of our customers and employee-owners
better and we do it by focusing on the people and communities where we operate.
WinCo Foods began in 1967, in Boise, ID, under the name Waremart, operating
stores under the name until 1999, when the name was changed to WinCo Foods,
short for Winning Company.
In 1985, after a group of senior employees purchased a majority interest in the
company, they made the momentous decision to give WinCo Foods employees a real
ownership stake. The WinCo Foods Employee Stock Ownership Trust (ESOP) was
born, creating what has now become the third largest Employee-Owned company in
the United States.
Today, WinCo Foods is well known and beloved for its everyday low-prices and
engaged employee-owners across our service areas, encompassing 126 stores
throughout Washington, Idaho, Nevada, California, Oregon, Utah, Arizona, Texas,
Oklahoma and Montana.
Here s the best part: The day you start at WinCo Foods is the day you start
building your ownership stake! (available at most locations, check the
locations Summary Plan Description)
Providing for your future self While you may not think so today, the WinC
Foods ESOP is a path to financial security. Think about this: to date, we have
more than 500 millionaire employee-owners, with hundreds more close behind!
The formula is simple: work hard and the better you do, the better your
location does. The better your location does, the better the company does. The
better the company does, the better our ESOP does. You get an annual gift of
stock equaling 20% of what you make each year. After six years, it s all
yours, no matter what. (ESOP available at most locations, check the locations
Summary Plan Description)
You can own a grocery store! How cool is that? Work hard, stay focused and it
may just support you for the rest of your life!
In addition, WinCo Foods also offers great Healthcare at very low cost, career
advancement opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, and competitive wages.
So what are you waiting for? Apply now!
Assist customers by providing over-the-counter service and customer service
throughout the deli department. Operates and maintains the deli production
areas, frying foods, operating the rotisserie oven, etc. Receives inventory,
verifies receipt of ordered product and stocks in designated areas.
Consistently provides friendly, courteous customer service to internal and
external customers. Performs other related work.
* Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers.
Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with
an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
* Takes orders, answers questions and performs suggestive selling.
* Stocks, straightens and rotates the deli full serve cases and hot food
cases as well as the deli freezer sections, self-serve, dry goods,
cheese island and bread shelve display areas.
* Prepares sandwiches, salads, etc. reading recipes, following
instructions, mixing, washing, assembling, packaging product in
* Fries food by getting the product from refrigerator or freezer, unpacking
product, breading selected products, dropping product in shortening,
setting timers ,stirring, draining, packing products in the reach-in-
case, placing trays in the closed hot case, etc.
* Prepares rotisserie products by marinating, seasoning, skewering, loading
/ unloading the product from the oven, packing or delivering to the
correct location, disposing waste oils, etc.
* Handles frozen product.
* Prepares case by putting the product in fresh pans, rotating product,
putting product back, filling, etc.
* Displays items by bringing out case goods from the freezer, cooler,
repacking & over wrapping, weighing / pricing product out, and placing in
the desired location.
* Writes out and prepares deli tray and special orders.
* Writes production list after looking at product amounts still on shelf.
* Cleans and maintains department equipment such as fryers, slicers, etc.
by breaking down and reassembling equipment, operating dish washer and
hand washing dishes, cleaning all appropriate parts with sanitizing
* Maintains clean and sanitary department by washing parts, tables and
wrapping stations; taking trash and paper to the appropriate balers;
cleans floors and coolers; cleaning and maintaining glass display
counters on the inside and out; etc.
* Receives inventory, stocks, verifies receipt of ordered product and
* Follows strict sanitary guidelines and completes associated records.
* Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
* Understands and follows all food safety procedures and requirements.
* Consistently provide world class customer service to internal and
* Work varied hours primarily between the hours of 5:00 am to 10:00 pm in a
24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
* Work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with a strong customer
* Communicate (hearing & speech) effectively with customers to receive
orders and perform customer relation skills.
* Conduct visual inspections, read and follow production guides, recipes
and product labels, log production quantities, temperature readings, etc.
on proper forms.
* Perform basic math (add, subtract, divide and multiply) and compute
weights and measures.
* Effectively manage time to ensure that deadlines are met.
* Prioritize and perform a variety of simultaneous tasks (multi-tasking).
* Operate kitchen utensils and equipment with manual dexterity, speed,
accuracy and hand/eye coordination.
* Perform duties with mental alertness involving potential hazards with
respect to related procedures, equipment (e.g., knives) and work aides.
* Complete training course and meet minimum time standards of productivity
* Wear hair net, beard net and gloves and other personal protective
equipment as required.
* Use cleaning chemicals and handle related food products.
* Stand, walk and move rapidly for extended periods of time.
* Bend, stoop, twist, turn and reach over the counter and in tight areas
* Lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally and reach, push and pull racks.
* Handle refrigerated goods (-20 F to 28 F)
* Work around machinery emitting heat (400 F rotisserie and 325 F hot
* Demonstrate knowledge of product content and perishability, safety and
sanitation procedures and department policies and government regulations.
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
* Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws)
* Film over wrapper, digital scales, etc.
* Knives and other kitchen utensils.
* Electric Slicers
* Deep fryers, ovens, etc.
* Oil filtering machine
* Trash compactor
* Cardboard bailer
* Hand, pallet jack
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work
performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with
Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and
qualifications required of personnel may vary.
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity from our variety of
perspectives and wide range of experiences is essential to our strategy and
success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and celebrate an inclusive
environment in which all employees are valued and respected regardless of their
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran, or disability status.