LOCATION: LORTON , VA , US
DATE POSTED: 2021-03-24
CATEGORY: Program Management
SUBCATEGORY: Project Analyst
SHIFT: Day Job
TRAVEL: Yes, 10 % of the Time
MINIMUM CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Secret
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN: None
POTENTIAL FOR REMOTE WORK: No
SAIC is seeking a qualified Chemical Biological Defense Technical Program Manager to provide Assistance and Advisory Support (A&AS) to the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), Chemical and Biological Technologies Department, Detection and Diagnostics Division (RD CBA). The TPM will provide both scientific and project management support to the Science and Technology Manager (STM) on projects developing novel and state-of-the-art detection and sensing technologies to protect U.S. warfighters against chemical and biological threat agents.
* Assist with preparing procurement and financial documents and forms, and compiling acquisition documents for procurement packages (e.g., MIPR, IO, grants, contracts, OTA, etc.) to ensure speedy delivery of funds for projects. A successful TPM will need to react quickly to evolving tasks, as certain circumstances require packages to be prepared with 24 hours.
* Routinely draft presentations, informational papers, fact sheets, and talking points on the status of current and future CBRN defense projects and initiatives. Attention to details is required as products are expected to be shared with mid-level, senior (GS-15), O6 and above, and SES personnel.
* Accurately review project statements of work, cost proposals, monthly reports, quad charts, and financial and scientific reports to identify potential risks and issues with projects. A successful TPM will need to provide recommendations, path forwards, or mitigation strategies for resolutions.
* Liaise with industry, start-ups, government and academia performers. A successful TPM will utilize their scientific knowledge to evaluate and analyze novel diagnostic technologies, research, proposals, and data to ensure accurate and reliable information.
* Assist with special projects, key meetings, and administrative tasks as required to support STM including scheduling meetings, drafting meeting minutes, sending emails, and taking notes.
This role is temporarily remote/work from home/virtual due to COVID-19. Eventually the work may go back to 100% onsite in Lorton, VA once the threat of COVID-19 has passed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors Degree and (six) 6years experience or Masters degree and four (4)years experience from an accredited university in a chemistry or biology field.
* Strong project management skills
* Experience with Government research and development acquisition programs, project management, and/ or the DoD acquisition lifecycle preferably in the area of detection and/or sensing development.
* Excellent customer-oriented skills, critical thinking, and ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
* Proficient in basic Microsoft Office products (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and experience using them daily.
* Knowledge of traditional and emerging CB threats
* Experience with DoD agencies (preferably DTRA)
* Project Management Professional (PMP) accreditation from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
* Active Secret clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nations modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partners ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit [ or Working at SAIC [ for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.