Do you have a passion for seeing products through the entire product development life cycle? Are you a strong communicator with the ability to execute plans in cross-functional team environments? Radio Systems would like to add a Category Product Manager to our most interesting and fun category, Toys & Behavior. You will need a high level of professionalism, be highly analytical, and possess excellent communication skills. You will execute projects to ensure the success of the category and brands. Finally, in this role, you will have visibility across the business and the ability to make an impact on overall company growth.
Radio Systems Corporation Headquarters is in Knoxville, TN. Where’s that you say? Let’s talk about what’s famous about Knoxville, TN. We have been called The Marble City and “Scruffy City”, names we have embraced as our own. And what do Quentin Tarantino and Johnny Knoxville have in common? They were both born Knoxville, TN. We are the home of 1982 World’s Fair and we boast of 21 craft breweries in Knoxville now. Click here for the Ale Trail . If you like to hike or camp, visit the Great Smokey Mountain National Park. Take your pick on activities from hiking to biking, our Urban Wilderness has a lot to offer. Knox County has great public school systems, no state income tax and low property taxes and cost of living. If you like outdoor art, we have Music and Shakespeare on the Square, Family Movie Nights on the Square during the summer months in lovely downtown Knoxville.
Our Company: What do you want to know? We are the world leader in pet products with PetSafe Brand, SportDOG Brand and Invisible Fence Brand. PetSafe Brand makes every product from leashes and harnesses, to water fountains and automated feeders and litter boxes. We have a goal to touch over 21 million pets, people and communities around the world annually. We serve a broad range of pet owners from providing the hunter the best gear for a successful hunt, to accommodating the Not-So-Crazy Cat Lady with all the entertaining toys and effective solutions she could ever imagine. How do we do it? By creating a vibrant and active environment within our team. We work hard to be the employer of choice in our communities and, in turn, serve those communities. At Radio Systems Corporation, teammates take the privilege of serving pets, people and community very seriously, but also have a great time doing so. Each project is approached with an attitude of enthusiasm, resilience, adaptability and teamwork.
What you will do on our Marketing Team:
- Contribute to category financial targets including sales, profit, expense
- Partner with Category Manager in developing the category strategy and the new product road map
- Help maintain competitive analysis, monitoring trends, analyzing performance of assigned products and contributing new product ideas
- Support product life cycle management process; product development, introduction, growth, maturity and decline
- Drive the product development process through all phases in collaboration with market research, UX/UI, engineering, brand, content, creative services, digital marketing, sales (domestic and international), etc.
- Manage the creation of product line extensions, such as product variations, and global packaging
- Utilize customer centered design processes with consumer data, market trends, competitive analysis to inform new product development and product improvements
- Maintain product quality standards through issue identification, resolution and communication
- Work with risk management and regulatory teams to ensure product documentation and claims are accurate and compliant with applicable domestic and international legal or regulatory standards
- Collaborate with configuration management and documentation to ensure product documentation meets internal standards throughout the product life cycle
- Coordinate creation and maintenance of product marketing assets including packaging, photography, video, digital content, point of sales materials, marketing campaigns, and other collateral in partnership with the brand marketing, packaging engineering, digital and creative teams
- Partner with digital team to optimize execution online including Amazon and Chewy.com
- Provide global sales teams with product information, and customer and market insights to drive new placement and sales
- Meet with retail partners and attend industry events, as needed PM20
- Must love pets!
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Creative problem-solving ability
- Drives for results and deadlines -maintain a robust workload with an array of projects and timelines, both short and long
- Builds and maintains strong, positive relationships within the company
- Demonstrates high level of adaptability and flexibility.
- Travel up to 5%