Title: Systems Engineer HP-UX
Location: Watertown, MA (remote to start during Covid)
Duration: Long-term contract
Client Industry: Healthcare
**Please note: my client is unable to work C2C for this opening; candidates must be willing/able to work W2 without sponsorship**
- Working within the framework of established operating procedures, this position is accountable for providing technical support for the corporate HP-UX based systems across the many system platforms in use.
- Activities will include operation, trouble-shooting, maintenance and optimization of server software and hardware.
- Essential Functions:
- Lead and/or assist in the development of technical projects.
- Perform implementation tasks associated with both existing and newly acquired systems and related software.
- Assist in the ongoing analysis of current and future enterprise hardware and software platforms.
- Make recommendations for optimization, integration and procurement of new and future technologies.
- Perform system maintenance and administration tasks in keeping with departmental guidelines and standards.
- Provide technical support to I.S. and other departments on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure that systems and peripherals are seamlessly interfaced and integrated with Client platforms as well as other corporate business systems.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality service to customers in accordance with established procedures and Service Level Agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent business experience is required.
- Requires five or more years of experience in providing HP-UX based hardware and software support and configuration.
- Experience with the EMC Disk Arrays and associated system hardware and software package(s) is required.
- Complexity: Requires analytical and technical ability to understand the managed care business and the ability to interact effectively with others for systems analysis purposes.
- Requires an understanding of the role of information systems within business.
- Requires a conceptual understanding of current and emerging computer and networking technologies pertinent to business and information systems.
**For immediate consideration, please remit your resume to Leah: **
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or – provided by Dice